Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Seinfeld Season 1-3

Well I finished watching all of the Seinfeld episodes from seasons 1-3, and here are my favorites from it.

Best Analogy: "You don't understand. A garage... I can't even pull in there. It's like going to a prostitute. Why should I pay, when if I apply myself, maybe I could get it for free?" - George in The Parking Spot

Best Guest Appearance: Keith Hernandez in The Boyfriend - "GEORGE: The next thing you know, he'll have you driving him to the airport."

Best Rant, Regular Cast Member: "I don't think you do. You see, you know how to TAKE the reservation, you just don't know how to HOLD the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them." - Jerry in The Alternate Side

Best Rant, Non-Regular Cast Member: "Let me tell you something, funny boy... You know that little stamp? The one that says New York Public Library? Well, that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole helluva lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before -- flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking... Why's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me.... Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world. What about that kid, sitting down, opening a book right now in a branch of the local library and finding pictures of pee-pees and wee-wees in The Cat in the Hat and The Five Chinese Brothers. Doesn't he deserve better? Look, if you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped. Or maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld... Maybe that's how you get your kicks... You and your goodtime buddies... I've got a flash for you, joy boy. Partytime is over." - Lt. Bookman in The Library

Best One Line, Regular Cast Member:""I don't return fruit. Fruit is a gamble. I know that going in." - Jerry in The Ex-Girlfriend

Best One Line, Non-Regular Cast Member: "We had a funny guy with us in Korea. Tailgunner. They blew his brains out all over the Pacific... There's nothing funny about that." - Mr. Benes in The Jacket

Best part of Conversation: Kramer: Spector gave it to me. He's giving everything away... becoming a minimalist.
George: Is that the guy who likes fat women?
Jerry: Doesn't the fat fetish conflict with the minimalism?
- The Tape

Best Episode: I'd probably have to go with The Library, with Honorable Mentions going to The Ex-Girlfriend and The Alternate Side.

No comments: