Saturday, July 23, 2005

Worst TV Ideas Ever

I've made a lost of the 10 Worst TV Ideas ever, and the 11 best (I couldn't narrow it down). I'll start off with the first half of the worst ideas ever, because I think writing about the best ideas will be more fun. But without further ado, here they are.

10. Law & Order SVU - Ice-T? - Don't get me wrong, this is a quality show, and I enjoy it, but Ice-T? What's he doing on the show? He's a rapper, not a detective. Maybe it's just me, but he seems to fit the role terribly. But maybe they're just trying to reach another audience with him.

9. Joey - Friends was an excellent show. The 6 stars were very good in their roles. Joey, well that was another story. I like Matt LeBlanc, but he's just not the same without Chandler.

8. Joe Morgan/Tim McCarver - I won't go into too much detail, because most everyone knows these guys suck. Badly. Here's some websites if you don't believe me.

Shut Up Tim McCarver
Fore Joe Morgan Blog

7. MTV - no music? - The very name MTV (Music Television) implies that there should be some sort of music. But near as I can tell, it's all crappy reality TV. Sure, they have TRL, but depending on who you ask, that's not music. MTV has to be one of the worst channels on TV right now, and that's too bad.

6. Trying to put Jason Alexander in another role - This was a problem for all the Seinfeld characters, you try to put them in another role, but it just doesn't work. Jason Alexander (George) has tried with such shows as Shallow Hal, and I think some show on CBS about Tony Kornheiser, but it just doesn't work. Kramer, who's real name escapes me at this moment, was amazing in that role, but just wouldn't fit in another role. It's a shame really, but George will always be George.

Coming up... Worst TV Ideas #1-5.

No comments: