Sunday, February 26, 2006

Credit Cards

Seems like every week I get another piece of mail trying to get me to get some type of credit card, usually for students. Heck, I even got offered a free sub last week if I would just sign up for a credit card.

I've passed on these offers. I have my one Visa, and I have used it to make exactly two purchases, books for my first semester, and books for my second semester. Both times, I paid them off right away so I wouldn't rack up interest.

When I get something in the mail from them for the credit card, it made me more glad that I had always paid it off right away. The percent interest on this particular card is 23%, which is, well, a lot. So I really hope to avoid charging anything I can't entirely pay for.

When it comes to credit cards, be it credit cards specially for students or otherwise, my policy is to just say no. And I hope I never have to stray from that.

4 comments:

rem said...

You certainly are wise beyond your years with money.

LynCat said...

Wise, but nerdy.

Tachizuno said...

how is it nerdy?

Credit cards are evil...

LynCat said...

I'm basing my nerdy comment on his previous posts. I'm not saying being nerdy is a bad thing...just my impression of the kid.