Monday, January 16, 2006

What should I be when I grow up?

This is a question I've asked myself a lot, and still don't really have an answer. I mean, I have a general idea of what I want to do, but I don't know anything specific. But I've been told this is typical.

Coming out of high school, I had absolutely no clue what I wanted to do. Completely undecided. Fortunately, I have now begun to get an idea of what to major in at least. Originally, I was thinking I wanted to major in Marketing and Criminal Justice and minor in Spanish... but now, I'm not sure. I like Criminal Justice and I find all of the subject matter interesting, but I don't think I'd make a career out of it.

Hence, my plan right now is to major in Marketing and Finance, with a minor in Economics and maybe Criminal Justice. Why Finance instead of Criminal Justice? Well, I think I'd have a better shot at a good career with Finance, and plus I've been really interested in it for a while. It started up when I started a Roth IRA, and since then I've done a lot more reading and research, and am currently reading Bogle on Mutual Funds, and am thinking of investing some in mutual funds in the near future. So that's exciting.

Of course, I have no idea what I would like to do after getting an Undergrad degree... maybe try for an MBA, maybe go work. I really have no clue about that. Luckily, I've got about 3 1/2 years before I have to decide.

No comments: